Friday, August 19, 2011

Hanako stays at Tim's this weekend

Hanako is my dog. This name sounds strange for English native speakers. Yes, it’s Japanese name. I have had her for two years.  
I gave her Tim this morning. She is going to stay with him and his wife over the weekend while I am out of town.
When I was preparing things that Hanako would need during her stay at Tim’s, I felt as if I were preparing things for a child. I went to a super market in the very early morning to buy some treats and plastic bags for her pxxps picking. I even bought a kennel (a portable doghouse) for this stay.
I put dried food, bowls for her food and water, treats, and plastic bags in one bag as a mother puts her baby’s stuff in her mother’s bag. I cover Hanako’s pillow, which she uses as her bed/cussion, with a washed pillow cover and put it in her kennel along with her towel.
When Hanako met Tim, she was so happy and rushed toward his car. She knew that she could get in the car. She loves driving. She jumped in from the back door and soon settled in the front seat. When they left, Hanako was watching me, maybe wondering if I would go with them. But she seemed too excited to miss me. I think she will enjoy her stay with Tim.
I feel as if I were a mom who just sent her child to summer camp…




No comments:

Post a Comment