I started packing up my stuff. I will go to the new city this weekend to set
up the apartment and will be back once to this current apartment. Then I will finally move out at the end of next week.
I was kind of shocked to see how many things we’ve got for the past five
years -new books, bike things, clothing, etc. I chose only the most important
and necessary things for my move. As my husband is going to keep living in this current apartment, I won't need to take all my things with me. I can leave many things. But, someday in the future,
my husband and I will have to think how to clear off the things that we don’t
need anymore.
I've lived in this current apartment for five years. I moved in this apartment the same day five years ago. I will move out into the new place the same day five years later. What a coincidence!
Before moving to America, I expected that I would have a hard time from three to five years since my husband and I had to start totally new life from scratch completely by ourselves without knowing anybody and being able to use English. But after five years' efforts, we are finally able to move into the next step. It's so wonderful.
パッキングを始めました。現在のアパートに住んだ過去5年間の間に、まぁなんと物が増えていることかと、少しびっくりしています。知らない間に物は増えてしまう。怖いですね。
とりあえず、夫が今のアパートに住み続けるので、私は全部の物を持っていく必要がありません。かなり気楽な引っ越し。でもいずれ、この、今のアパートにある要らないものの処分方法を考えなくては。
さて、私は現在のアパートに5年住んだと書きましたが、今回新しい場所へ引っ越しをする、ちょうどその5年前の同じ日に、日本からアメリカのこのアパートへ引っ越してきました。
日本を出る時に、私は漠然と「少なくとも3年、または5年は苦労するだろうな」と思っていました。次のステップへ進むためにはそのくらいの期間は努力をしないといけないだろう、と。知り合いもいない環境、英語もできなかった私達。さらに私は何のスキルも専門性もなかった。ゼロからのスタート。
引っ越してきて、ちょうど5年後の同じ日に、夫についてきた形でアメリカ生活を始めた私が、就職先から労働ビザも取得してもらい、自身の仕事のために新しい場所へ移るなんて、本当に、なんとも感慨深いです。おまけにその引っ越し日の2日前は、結婚10周年の記念日だったりします。
次の5年後はどうなっているのか。楽しみにしながら、毎日過ごしていこうと思います。
No comments:
Post a Comment