Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I’m a Fan of British Dramas

I want to learn more natural conversations of American English. To learn it, dramas would be a good material. A break between semesters is a good chance to watch some. But I very often ended up watching British dramas… I really can’t find programs I can watch without getting bored among American TV programs. I tried it by being a member of Netflix and looking for interesting ones, though.
Yesterday, I watched Downton Abbey on PBS online. It is interesting to peek in the aristocracy life, but I am more fascinated by the relationships among people, rich and poor, masters and servants… What’s more, British actors are fabulous. They can act only with eyes or subtle movement. Great performance gives depth to a drama.   
So, I ended up being caught by British dramas. I'm wondering how I can brush up my conversation skills for American English. hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment